Thursday, February 21, 2013

Official Favorite Games Profile Sheet

So yesterday, I get a facebook message from my friend Brian. A simple, three line message.

Yo.

<link>
Let's do this.


So I take a look at the link and here's what I see:

 

YES SIR. Let's do this we shall. Now, a half an hour later, he sent me another link. Obviously, his own favorite picks. I don't actually have his permission, but I don't care and I'm going to link to it anyway (sorry Brian). Since I'm at work here, I don't think I'm going to go through the motions and scour the web for pics to edit this sheet and make mine look anywhere near as official as his looks. I give him mad props and kudos for that. But another reason is that I had to zoom in quite a bit to get an idea of what some of these games were, because the pics are so damned small. So instead, I'm just going to make a full-functioning list for my own picks.

In doing this activity, I realize I can practically write complete blog posts in pretty much each of these categories. HAH. So many games. To pick one for each is just going to not be easy. Also, I'm making it my goal NOT to duplicate any cross-category, since I really don't think I'll need to. Let's face it the "pool of existing video games I've played" out there is pretty damned deep. Here goes, after the jump.



OFFICIAL /V/IRGIN 'FAVORITE GAMES' PROFILE SHEET

Action: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
Adventure: The Walking Dead
Action / Adventure: Paper Mario

A quick interjection here -- ffs. Action, Adventure, Action / Adventure?! Way to make it easy to distinguish and pick. Not to mention there's categories down the line for First-Person Shooter and Third-Person Shooter. HAH.

VN / Jap-Style Adventure: ...I really don't think I've ever played any.
2D Platformer: Super Mario Brothers 3
3D Platformer: Super Mario 64
WRPG: Fallout series
JRPG: The. Most. Difficult. Category. Here. For me at least. I'll go with... Final Fantasy X.
Hack-N-Slash: God of War series
Dungeon Crawler: Diablo series
Roguelike: Angband
Stealth: Hitman series
Turn-Based Strategy: Final Fantasy Tactics
Real-Time Strategy: Commandos series
Grand Strategy: Rome Total War
First-Person Shooter: Half Life 2
Third-Person Shooter: Uncharted series
Shmup: I had to look this up -- I didn't know what this meant. Short for "Shoot-Em-Up". Oh, OK! Bullet hell games would be a subset of this category. My pick: Raiden
Survival Horror: FEAR series
Air Combat: Here's a category I really care nothing about. We'll go Star Wars Rogue Squadron. Keepin' it real.
Beat-Em-Up: TMNT IV: Turtles in Time
Simulation: The Sims
Party: Rock Band 2 (or 3? idk)
Sandbox: Yakuza. And that's saying something, because I just got it.
Sports: NBA Jam
Racing: Need For Speed Underground
Puzzle: Puzzle Quest series
Rhythm: DDR series, probably DDR Max 2
MMO: World of Warcraft (you know, back when it was fantastic. XD)
MOBA: Counterstrike
3D Fighting: Tekken series, most notably Tekken Tag
2D Fighting: Super Smash Brothers (the original)
Others: I figure I could go on forever for an "Others" list, so I'll limit this category to 15 titles. Basically, titles that came pretty close to winning some of these categories.
Left 4 Dead (Survival Horror)

League of Legends (MOBA)
Adventures of Lolo (Puzzle)
Portals series (Puzzle)
The Secret World (MMO)
Star Wars the Old Republic (MMO)
Final Fantasy VI (JRPG)
Chrono Trigger (JRPG)
Pokemon series (JRPG)
Baldur's Gate II (WRPG)
Batman: Arkham City (Action/Adventure)
Resident Evil 4 (Action)
Grand Theft Auto IV (Sandbox)
Monkey Island (Adventure)
Super Meat Boy (2D Platformer)
Overall Favorite (Pick from Above): It's so VERY difficult for me to choose anything other than a JRPG, which is basically my jam. So here, I'll infuriate the masses and say Final Fantasy X.

"Some can't wait to die!"

LET THE CONTROVERSY BEGIN. Haha. Haters gonna hate, but it's ok. Just personal preferences and favorites. Leave some comments. I'd love to hear some point of views else wise.

No comments:

Post a Comment